File this under: Worst News Ever

As you may, or may not know, I recently started working again. The new job came at just the right moment because unemployment was up and for 6 months, I had no good (read: any) opportunities come up. My worrying was keeping me up nights, which developed a nasty sleeping habit. Either way, a new job came, I took it, and I like it.

One major flaw… They will not give me the time off I need to go to NYC.

I’m heartbroken. I’ve been crying on and off for the last 3 days. This utterly sucks.

I’ve done everything I could do to get the time off but short of walking out on this job, my hands are completely tied. I wish it was different but I have my future to think of. Plus, I really hate being broke.

One thing I was able to salvage from this is getting to see my honey. We’ve decided that we will do what we can to get him here for the long weekend instead. We don’t have anything huge planned out, just being able to sleep next to each other for a few nights and kiss whenever we want.

Everything happens for a reason. I keep reminding myself that. I keep saying that this job will eventually allow me the opportunity to afford trips I want to take in the future, somewhere to live that I can call my own, and the ability to start living the life I really crave.

I guess there isn’t much more to say that this. It’s not the end of the world, but damn if it doesn’t hurt just as bad.

This Post Has 19 Comments

1. Bitchin' Amy says:

I’m so sorry! I bet the conference will really stink this year… Just to be safe, I’d avoid the internetz like the plague that weekend, though. :)

In other news… If you are putting your tickets back on the market, know that you are making someone else’s weekend. I know that doesn’t make it oK, but maybe just a little better? And that’s something, right?

[Reply]

2. I’m so sad for you! Total suckage, but I do admire your ability to keep things in perspective. You even remind me how to do that to, with the simple words “everything happens for a reason.” (yeah yeah, though, right? easier to say than lean on, for sure)

I’m proud of you ~xo

3. Maria says:

Shit. I am so, so, sorry love. I don’t even know what to say, I know there’s nothing than can make it better. Glad you get to see Anthony though. Kisses are the best salve, I think. :)

4. Maria says:

THAT can. Goddamitt. Maybe you can feel a bit better laughing at me for never proofreading and then looking like an idiot, yes? hugsandkissesandlovetotheendoftheworld

5. Hockeymandad says:

Ohhhhhh daaaaammmmmmiiiittttt. That SUCKS! I am so so so sorry Miss. I almost don’t wanna go now, you were tops on my must meet list. Another time though, another time. You’ll just have to plan a vacation to Disney World now! Or us to Disneyland…

6. Jen says:

well shit. You will be sorely missed that’s for sure but a thousand congrats on the new opportunities. I hope it all works out in ways you can’t even imagine.

7. Burgh Baby says:

:-(

Totally and completely understandable all around, but yeah, it does suck. I guess I’ll have to wait a little bit longer to stalk you in person.

8. Momo Fali says:

Sweetie, as excited as I am for this trip, I would give it up in a heartbeat if it meant a good, steady paycheck. Like, half-a-heartbeat. Though, I AM sorry you won’t be there for me to tackle.

9. Issa says:

Oh honey, I’m so sorry. But you have to do what is right and keeping a good job is that thing. For sure.

Next year. There is always next year. Hugs sweetheart.

10. briya says:

BUMMER! But at least there’s good (job, honey comes to you instead) along with the bad.

Maybe next year?

[Reply]

11. This blows big, hairy, cheesy, donkey ball chunks. I’m pissed at your job for you.

12. Zoeyjane says:

Awwwww. I’m sorry, doll. But money is money, and security matters, and getting to see Anthony regardless…. well, not to write-off anyone, but still.

FYI, a plan is tentatively being planned to hit the East next spring. Moms and kids, beachish, sun-filled. Just sayin’.

13. mel says:

It sucks being a grown up. If I could, I would put on a push up bra, cut bangs and try to pass off as a less cuter version of you at work so you could go. I love California. Plus, I’m a giver like that.

14. Kellee says:

Ohhh, I’m so sorry to hear that. I’m glad you get to see your honey though. Sleeping next to eachother and spontaneous kissing are the best parts. <3

[Reply]

15. :( for me, but :) that you & A will be together. That’s the most important part. xo

16. Rachael says:

I’m sorry, that is a truly sucky situation.

17. Avitable says:

Well, fuck. I just saw this. I’m absolutely coming to LA to visit now that you and Erin aren’t coming.

18. Avitable says:

Oh, and congratulations on the job! I am happy for you. :)

[Reply]

19. [...] … a double date long weekend. Sadly, about 2 weeks before we were to leave she found out that her new job wouldn’t let her go. One of the goals for attending this year as to introduce our new blog 2 Hot Bloggers + a Bottle of [...]