So the other day, I was happily stuck in a Pinterest worm hole, as most of us tend to be when on that site, and I came across an interesting pin that was titled “30 Questions to ask your spouse“. I’ve found that a lot of pins like this tend to incorporate some kind of Bible verse or something similar and that just isn’t my bag of chips. I opened this one and found a list of 30 questions that seemed pretty interesting. Since I feel connected to my not yet spouse, I thought, “hey, I can blog the shit out of those!” which was a weird thought to have since I haven’t blogged in…. 4 months.
I lost that loving feeling people.
It happens to the best of us ok? It happens to me a lot. Blogging expectations that I put upon myself with no pressure from anyone else is really stressful! Actually, I just don’t care all that much but I do miss writing and sharing and in regards to the promise I refuse to make? It means that I might use this space more. If I feel like it. Don’t get your hopes too high and stop looking at me like that.
I’m not that blogger who has every post sponsored and I don’t want to be. I wouldn’t turn down sponsored work but I want to leave my footprints here too. So if you see a post that someone paid me to write, deal with it or get on. If no one ever reads this, that’s ok too. When I first started blogging, people reading me wasn’t the point. So I feel like I came full circle because I’m back to just not giving a shit if this gets read or not. I just want to talk about things, people, and places that I love. And I don’t like Tumblr all that much so here we go.
Here’s the list of 30 questions:
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
I probably won’t answer them all. I’m not even going to start from the top. And I didn’t even know that I have a love language so I need to google that or something before I answer that one. I just think that the answers to most of these questions are constantly changing for all of us and I know I’m not the same person I used to be. In fact, I think I’ve changed so much in the last few years. I feel like my online personality has changed, I was afraid to be me when it was me that people liked. I stopped being raw and honest and I want to get back there. Because, damn. I liked me before and I like me now and maybe some of you will too. I’m not here to kiss any ass or make people like me. I’ve got an abundance of genuine relationships in my life and I couldn’t be more thankful for that. I’m just interested in what I might even learn about myself by answering these questions. And sharing a bunch of other junk along the way.
Questions borrowed from here.