Or, alternatively titled, I always do what Nic tells me.
Yeah. She tagged me. That’s like sending a chain email these days right? I’m just kidding! She’s actually helping since he forced asked us to do NaBloPoMo with him this month and its only the first week and wow, everyone is struggling. I don’t know why she asked me, our lists are going to be so similar because we share a brain.
So here are Ten Things That Make Me Happy:
10: Good food. No, I don’t eat my feelings. I just love good food. Cheese, soft bread, a good steak, chicken, Pop chips, all the candy Nic and her boyfriend bring me from England, Chicago mix popcorn… I could go on and on.
9. Big beautiful clouds. That might sound weird but it’s true. I like to have the window seat on airplanes because I can watch the clouds for hours. I can also take a ton of pictures of them that no one ever cares to see because they are just clouds to them. People even twitpic beautiful skies for me.
8. My computer and my phone. Both of these things have the internet on them. And you ought to know by now that I need it to communicate with my boyfriend in NY. And of course all the awesome people I love so dearly.
7. My Nikon. It’s with me pretty much ALWAYS. I have a huge purse so it’s always on hand. I’ve taken on the 365 project (again) since the beginning of the year and I haven’t given it up yet. I love my camera and the pictures I take with it. They aren’t perfect or professional but they are mine.
6. My son having his own room. He’s 9 so that might be weird to some but he just got it in March. We cleared out a spare room and made it his, which means that he is no longer sleeping in my bed. Which is just awesome.
5. My Old Navy skirts. I have one in black, navy blue, purple, and grey. I love them. They are the perfect length, incredibly comfortable and easy to wash. I pair them with t-shirts or tanks or even nice tops. They are easy to travel with too, which came in handy in Chicago last July and will come in handy in August when I go to New York. The reviews on Old Navy’s website say the material is too thin on them but mine are fine. I’d suggest going into Old Navy and checking them out versus buying them online. I love skirts in general but these are by far my favorite.
4. Living in California. Hearing about weather on twitter, and from my boyfriend and how terrible it is outside of California makes me grateful to live here. 90% humidity? What the fuckity fuck? Just no. Huge thunderstorms and blizzards? Passsss. I’m sure I’ll be kicking myself once I eventually move out of California but for now, I’m going to embrace what we think is crazy weather (which totally is NOT).
3. Baseball. Specifically:
It’s just a way of life around here. I’m very excited because my son has just started getting more and more into the team and the game.
2. Him. What can I say? I’m in love. I fell for his accent the first time we spoke on the phone and I’ve just fallen harder and harder every day since. I can be myself with him, we make each other happy. I mean come on, miss out on this?
I don’t think so.
I’m not sure what else to say. He is a character and even when I’m mad at him, he can still make me laugh and smile. I love that he’s taken on learning so much about baseball, especially more about the players and their positions and STATS. Brings a tear to my eye. He pretty much rocks as a son.
So there it is. Ten Things That Make Me Happy. I’m not tagging anyone but this was a fun post to write! Let me know if you decide to do it too!